Search on this blog

My recently occurred bike accident

A personal blog, read only if you want to.
"My recently occurred Bike Accident."

I have been hit by a bike thrice in my life as I remember. In 2012, I was walking on the street and a biker hit me from the front. In 2016, I was on the bike with my younger brother and a person in his forties or fifties hit us from the left. In 2020, I was coming back from the market and a highly immature person hit me from the left side of the road. Alhamdulilah I have always been saved from deep or fatal injuries. I have never hit someone, because I drive in a decent manner, but others don't. And one important thing that you should know while riding a bike is that it doesn't matter if you hit someone or someone hits you; you will always get hurt. Honestly, there should be strict laws to avoid such incidents from occurring. The people in Pakistan have no training or licence. When they are on roads, on a bike or car, they act as killers in the form of unprofessional drivers. Sadly, so many people get hit everyday and most of them die or become disabled forever in life. Astagfirullah. May Allah protect every innocent. May He save us from an agonizing pain. Ameen.
 
Let me tell you the story of my 3rd accident which occurred on the 4th of November, 2020: I was sleeping peacefully as I had a holiday on Wednesday. My mother woke me up at 9 AM because she wanted me to go to the market and buy some juices. Actually, my maternal grandfather couldn't eat anything because of some medical procedure, thus he was on drinkable items only. I didn't wake up on the call, I got up 2 hours later; at about 11 AM. I put on my regular clothes. New slippers, new trousers, seasonal coat etc. I went to her and asked her that what kind of juices she wants me to bring. She told me to first eat something in breakfast, but I neither ate nor drank something. I told her that first let me bring them. I looked for the car outside the house but it was parked inside, thus I chose to go on my newly purchased bike. Even my elder brother and maternal uncle could go and bring, but it was in my fate to go. For the last few days, I was overly exhausted by the excessive load of study. I wanted some extra days off. I wanted it to happen in a natural way. Also, just the night before, I was thinking about the trials which people have to face in this life. The pain and sufferings. I prayed to God to protect me against all such phases as I'm very weak to bear them.

I went to the shop, purchased the juices and then ignited the bike to ride back. I was planning to eat something after reaching home and then start studying as I had so much to do. This time, I wanted to take a different route to home. It just came to my mind and I followed the desire. I saw someone coming from the left, so I reduced my speed and implemented the sensory road precautions to let him cross. But he was a fool, he hit me on the left side of my bike while driving in a zig zag way. I lost the balance and got dragged on the road. My right leg came under my bike, a piece of my bike broke and hurt my right foot. My both hands, on the alternate sides, got injured too. I immediately stood up, I saw my foot and the injuries. I didn't feel pain on the spot. I scolded the other rider. People came from the markets around, they knew me. Some cars and bikes also stopped to offer help. The bleeding was not stopping. I first told them that I can ride back to my home, then I realized that my injury was deep. Honestly, the people who came there were real heroes. This accident taught me many things. I will share my learnings in the end of this narrative.

I live in a town (private housing society) of Lahore city. When the incident occurred, the gardeners of the town, who were working around, came to offer help. They put all the stuff that I had bought in a new shopping bag and took care of my bike too. Some people also offered to take me to the nearest hospital but I told them that my house is nearby and my father is a doctor. The employees of the barber shop also came. They lifted and took me to a chair in front of their shop. They offered me water and something to drink. They asked me to call home using their cell phone. I remembered my brother's number. I called and said "A**** come quickly, I have met with an accident and the bleeding is not stopping". The call ended in 15 seconds. I couldn't even tell him the location of the incident. I tried to call my mother but she didn't attend. I started feeling weak because of the loss of blood. Suddenly I saw my younger brother on a bike, and then 2 further cars rushed to the scene. One was being driven by my brother and the other one by my uncle, my father was also in that car. My elder brother came out quickly from his car and put a hand on my shoulder after seeing my injuries.

The people around really aided in the best way. They showed humanity. My father sent my brother and uncle to the nearest medical store twice. I was given two injections and also he did the dressing of the wounds after cleaning them. Then, I was carried via the car to home. It's my 6th day. I have been taking bed rest since Wednesday. Alhamdulilah I'm much better and healthy. I couldn't even use my hands at first, but now I'm mostly recovered. My mother fed me in the start and all my siblings really cooperated. Some people even called me to acquire about my health. I had to revise the same story to everyone. I can't stand on my right leg right now, it may take some time. I stay on the bed all day, but yes, I'm very anxious about the loss of my studies. May Allah help me. Ameen. Whenever I have to move, recharge my phone, get water, eat or do anything; I call my youngest brother. He is acting like my nurse, he has been sleeping in my room since the incident - so that he may help me out. And the interesting part is that my maternal grandfather didn't drink the juices even when I told everyone that I spilled my blood for them. Eventually, I drank them. Fate was calling me so I ran towards it.

Let's focus on the learnings now. First of all, a life without health is full of trouble and misery. We must ask for health and safety against deadly trials always. I have felt how dependent one becomes, may Allah Almighty help those who are disabled for life. Ameen. Secondly, most of us don't stop on the road when we encounter an accident. It's entirely wrong. Humanity demands compassion and stepping up for someone. Those people who stopped their cars, who came running towards the spot and who offered help in any way; they are the gems. We must build the guts to do the same. We must not ignore or pass by. We must immediately provide the first aid. If they wouldn't come then I'd have died. Thirdly, having a doctor around is really a blessing. An engineer, businessman, shopkeeper or anyone else; no one can do what a physician can do. Respect the sincere doctors. Fourth, parents are a great blessing of Allah. They show their true selves when their children get hurt. May Allah bless the good parents. Fifth, family is also a blessing. My siblings are showing great care towards me.
 
Was I punished? Why did the accident occur? Life is a confusion. You can't always know what's happening. If you are rational like me then naturally you will question the incident, that why did it occur? Some said that a small calamity befell on you so you may be saved from a bigger one. Some said that it's a test. I said that it's a punishment from Allah for my sins. I don't know which case is true, no one can know. If He wants to punish me then He has infinite reasons to do so; cause I am a big time sinner. If He wants to protect me from a calamity then He could do so without inflicting me with even the pain of a needle. Some also said that He wanted to make you strong. And some said that He gave you a relief from your hectic life. He could make me strong in an easy way too. He could give me a relief in a better way too. In short, this life is a confusion because you can't usually understand why things happen the way they do. May Allah help me become a better Muslim. He knows everything that I say, have said or can't say. If you have read it this far then it is a request to you to pray for me. Jazakalah Khair. I summarized many points to shorten the length of this narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment